WELCOME TO THE 2018/2019 SCHOOL YEAR AT EVBS!
Dear Parents and Guardians,
As principal of Eliza Van Bibber School it is my honour to welcome everyone back for the 2018/2019 school year. I am very excited for this new year and to continue our positive growth. Staff are looking forward to working with your children and sharing their learning with you. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our students need support from both home and school. We will continue to be partners with you, Selkirk First Nation, and the community to provide a great education for all students.
You are invited to attend our Welcome Back Community BBQ taking place at lunch on Tuesday August 28th from 12:00-12:40pm. I want to hear what you would like to see for the upcoming school year, so please attend and come chat with me. I’d love to listen to your thoughts.
Eliza Van Bibber School will be continuing with the new curriculum for Kindergarten to Grade 9 and introducing the new Grade 10 curriculum. Next year (2019/2020), new curriculum for Grade 11 and 12 will also be used, this curriculum is available now for viewing. Some important highlights for the Grade 10 curriculum include:
- Students in Grade 10 will now be required to complete a self-evaluation of the core competencies.
- English 10 now offers students more choice within 2 credit courses in English Language Arts and English First Peoples. Students can combine 2 credit courses from English Language Arts and English First People courses to obtain their 4 credits.
- Career Education now stands alone. It is no longer a part of Health Education.
- Planning 10 will no longer be available. This year, Career Life Education and Graduation Transitions are the two 4 credit courses available to satisfy the 8 credit requirement in Career Education.
- Health Curriculum is now combined with Physical Education Curriculum.
I’m looking forward to making this a very successful year at EVBS. It truly is a privilege to be a part of the Eliza Van Bibber School community. Please note the lunch time change to 12:00 -12:40pm and students are now dismissed for the day at 3:25pm.