WELCOME TO THE 2021/2022 SCHOOL YEAR AT EVBS!
As Eliza Van Bibber School (EVBS) principal, I am happy to welcome everyone back for the 2022/2023 school year!
While returning to near-normal operations, we will continue some enhanced public health measures to keep our school a low-risk setting for the transmission of COVID-19. We are following last year's amended Operational Plan with the May 2022 amendment that masks are no longer mandatory. Please review our Operational Plan on our school's website, evb.yukonschools.ca. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to phone me at the school at 867-537-3231.
EVBS staff look forward to working with your children and sharing their learning with you. We recognize that to be successful, our students need support from both home and school. We will continue to partner with you, Selkirk First Nation, School Council, and the community to provide an excellent education for all students.
To make this school year run smoothly, there are a couple of things to note:
- We need to work together to keep our community healthy. Therefore, we ask that you check your children for COVID-19 symptoms daily before sending them to school. To help assess symptoms, you can use the online Covid-19 self-assessment tool at https://assess-for-covid.service.yukon.ca/en/ . In addition, the school stoplight is available to help with making decisions on staying home (https://yukon.ca/en/health-and-wellness/covid-19-information/industry-operating-guidelines-covid-19/can-my-child-go-0).
- We have the gym open at 8:40am for student use. Students can go to their class or the gym upon arriving in the morning.
- Lunch is from 12:00-12:40pm, with staggered eating and break times.
- The Breakfast Lunch program is running again. All children can partake in this program and receive lunch and breakfast at school. Breakfast is from 8:40-9:00am.
- Please do not send peanut or tree nut products, as we have students with strong allergies.
I appreciate your cooperation. I look forward to making this a very successful year at EVBS. It truly is a privilege to be a part of the Eliza Van Bibber School community.