WELCOME TO THE 2021/2022 SCHOOL YEAR AT EVBS!
As principal of Eliza Van Bibber School (EVBS), I am honoured to welcome everyone back for the 2021/2022 school year!
While we are returning to near-normal operations, we will be continuing some enhanced public health measures implemented last year to keep our school a low-risk setting for the transmission of COVID-19. Please review our Operational Plan on our school’s website evb.yukonschools.ca. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to phone me at the school at 867-537-3231.
EVBS staff are also looking forward to working with your children and sharing their learning with you. We recognize that in order to be successful, our students need support from both home and school. We will continue to be partners with you, Selkirk First Nation, School Council, and the community to provide a great education for all students.
To make this school year run smoothly, there a couple of things to note:
- We ask that you familiarize yourself with our enhanced health and safety procedures, including guidance on staying home when sick, physical distancing and masking protocols, and adjustments to school programming. These details are found in the Operational Plan posted on our school’s website evb.yukonschools.ca.
- We need to work together to keep our community healthy. Therefore, we ask that you check your children for COVID-19 symptoms daily before sending them to school. An information letter on how to assess for symptoms is attached to this letter. Importantly, if your child has any COVID-19 symptoms, please do not send them to school.
- Students are expected to report directly to their classrooms, as classes begin at 9:00am.
- Lunch is from 12:00-12:40pm, with staggered eating and break times.
- The Nutrition Program is not currently running, so please send a lunch with your children until further notice.
- Please do not send peanut or tree nut products, as we have students with strong allergies.
Thank you for your cooperation! I look forward to making this a very successful year at EVBS. It truly is a privilege to be a part of the Eliza Van Bibber School community.